Aftercare advice for laser fungal treatment
Congratulations on choosing our signature Podylas and Lunula laser treatment to tackle your fungal toenail infection! With this combined
treatment, your nails will soon become clear, smooth, and healthy. To ensure lasting results, it's essential to follow proper aftercare
practices and keep your feet in a dry and healthy condition.
Immediate Post-Treatment Care:
After your laser treatment, there's no need for any special aftercare. You can resume your regular activities, including work and exercise,
Effective Aftercare Tips:
Treat Shoes and Orthotics: Use an antifungal spray on all your shoes and orthotics weekly to prevent fungal growth and reinfection.
Wash Socks and Bedding: Wash your socks at 60 degrees Celsius to eliminate fungal spores. Additionally, wash your bedding at the same
temperature to avoid reinfection and spreading the infection to your partner.
Foot Hygiene: Wash your feet thoroughly, paying attention to the spaces between your toes. Keeping your feet clean helps remove any
Dry Thoroughly: Ensure your feet, especially the areas between your toes, are completely dry. Dryness is crucial in preventing fungus from
Use Preventative Anti-fungal Spray: Apply a preventative anti-fungal spray to your toes daily to kill off any potential fungal spores before
they take hold.
Apply Methylated Spirit or Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes: Drying the skin with these wipes daily can be beneficial in controlling fungal growth.
- Choose Breathable Socks: Opt for socks made of cotton or bamboo, as they dry out faster and discourage fungal growth.
- Let Your Feet Bask in the Light: Fungus dislikes light, so exposing your feet to natural sunlight can help keep them healthy.
- Proper Shoe Care: Allow your shoes to dry thoroughly between wears to prevent moisture buildup.
Avoid Bare Feet in Communal Areas: Steer clear of going barefoot in communal changing rooms and showers to avoid exposure to fungal spores.
- Personal Towels: Do not share towels with others to prevent spreading the infection.
Moisturise Your Feet: Regularly moisturize your feet to maintain healthy skin and reduce the risk of fungal spores entering your body.
- Trim Toenails Carefully: Use clean nippers to trim your toenails and prevent any injuries that could lead to fungal infections.
- Take Nail Polish Breaks: Occasionally give your nails a break from nail polish to allow them to breathe.
Promptly Address Foot Problems: If you notice any foot problems, have them checked by a podiatrist promptly to avoid complications.
Remember, while our laser treatment boasts a remarkable 90% success rate and is safe and quick with no side effects, proper aftercare is key
to reducing the risk of reinfection. For more information and to book your appointment, click on this link. We are dedicated to giving you
happy and healthy feet.